department: advancement, Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra
reports to: assistant director of special events & corporate giving
The events intern is an integral member of a team that produces dozens of events annually, supporting LACO’s mission by providing logistical support for all events that take place outside of the concert hall, including, but not limited to, special events and donor recognition events.
The position is part-time to 40 hours per week with some required overtime, evenings and weekends for concert attendance. A flexible schedule to attend evening and weekend events is required. Hourly commitments will increase leading up to two primary event dates: March 10 and May 2, 2019.
special events support
· Maintain the gala auction database, coordinate mailings and communications, including prospect and donor follow-up
· Work with development team and gala committee to coordinate auction needs, regular communication and status updates
· Assist with on-site auction coordination from set-up through strike
· Generate reports, mailing lists, and manage to project deadlines
· Coordinate post-event donor acknowledgement process
- Manage invitations, track attendance and assist with post-event follow-up for donor stewardship events
- Coordinate event and catering logistics to ensure an enjoyable donor experience at events concerts
- Assist in the planning of special post-concert events, including all-audience after-parties and musician toasts
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience
- 1-2 years working experience in live event producing or production, preferably in the performing arts or a non-profit organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to codeswitch among event stakeholders including vendors, artists, patrons and coworkers
- Have experience working with a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) interface, preferably Patron Manager or SalesForce
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs, climb stairs and stand for several hours at a time
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of non-profit development
20-25 hours per week, starting. Increase up to 40 hours per week by March 1 – May 15. Some overtime may be required during heavy events periods.
Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary is based on $15-16 per hour
Please send resume and cover letter. No phone calls, please.