Position title: accounting associate
reports to: director of finance and administration
As accounting associate, this position processes payables and disbursements, creates journal entries in the general ledger, performs excel reconciliations and period closing entries, processes payroll and related benefits for orchestra and staff, using initiative and good judgment in problem solving. This position requires extensive data entry including AP and ADP entry. This is a position with the ability to grow and expand finance and IT duties.
· In coordination with the director of finance and administration, prepare monthly financials for committee and board meetings. Prepare special reports and analysis as needed.
· Process invoices, check requests and credit card charges into AP system (Quick Books).
· Process semimonthly payroll in ADP for staff and orchestra payroll as scheduled.
· Set up new employees in ADP, create personnel folders, and oversee enrollment in benefit plans.
· Maintain vendor files and manage all vendor communications.
· Analyze and reconcile credit card and union dues accounts.
· Prepare, distribute and file IRS 1099 and W-2 forms.
· Track sick leave and vacation.
· Assist with preparing annual audit schedules.
· Extreme discretion and strict confidentiality.
· Highly organized and efficient with ability to respond to requests promptly.
· Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· Positive attitude and interest in music.
· Friendliness and flexibility in a small office.
· Knowledge of basic accounting procedures and standards.
· One year of accounting work. Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
· Facility and accuracy with ADP and accounting software (currently Quick Books).
· Advanced Excel ability, with strong typing and computer skills.